Sunday 11 September 2011

a note on human behaviour


Recently while attending a party, I overheard a conversation where someone was criticizing the host for sharing their pleasures, joys & happiness with the guests. The criticism may have arisen because the person may be having a history of jealousy. I wasn't upset but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. My advice to him would have been to wait for the right time to do so. I am not advising anybody to be saintly, but wait at least till you reach home. Show some respect towards the host whose hospitality you are enjoying.While reading Amitabh bachchan's blog, I came across these lines which I found very relevant to my point. I quote,

"The first sign and one that is unmistakably evident, is the unhealthy practice of finding fault and expressing disgust in all about and around you. It is undoubtedly the most perfect example of putting oneself in a position of superiority, without realizing that in fact it is a desperate attempt to conceal your own inferiority. That cannot and will not be ever a single one sided point of view in life. But those that imagine so, live in a terrible condition of ambiguity. And the deeper they resolve to rid themselves of ambiguousness, the greater the deterioration of the state of the mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment